Abstract Title Length: max. 25 words
Abstract Body Length: max. 300 words, incl. numbers and symbols, incl. max. 1 table (max 10 columns/10 rows) and 3 images (max 500 KB and max 600(w) x 800(h) pixel)
PREPARATION OF YOUR ABSTRACT
- Abstracts must be submitted on-line
Click here to view instructions on how to use the abstract submission platform. For questions regarding the on-line submission process, please e-mail email@example.com.
- A ‘blind’ selection process will be used. No identifying features such as names of hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or text of the abstract. Do not include the names of authors either. The names of authors and their affiliations (institutions) will be entered on-line when you submit the abstract.
- If the research (or substantially similar material) covered in the abstract submitted has been presented as an oral presentation at another international meeting / congress within Europe prior to the time of submitting the abstract to ECTS 2018, the abstract will only be considered for poster presentation, but not for oral presentation at ECTS 2018 in Valencia.
- An abstract can be considered for oral presentation if it has already been presented orally at international meetings outside of Europe or at national meetings. Authors are strongly advised to add new data to the abstract.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to indicate clearly the nature of the study.
- Abstracts should be:
a.as informative as possible
b. The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to indicate clearly the nature of the study.
c. Abstracts should be as informative as possible:
d. State the specific objective of the study
e. State the method used, if pertinent; state whether experiments were in vivo or in vitro
f. Ethical approval should be indicated when experiments are performed on human subjects or animals
g. Summarise the results obtained. Where a study generates hard data (numbers and statistics) this must be included within the abstract. Statements such as ‘results will be presented’ are not accepted.
h. Abstracts must include data and this will be the main component of the abstract. Authors must include within the abstract a clear description of the results and all appropriate data to support any conclusion thy wish to make; an abstract without supporting data will be rejected.
i. State the conclusions reached.
- Abstracts will be reproduced as submitted. If accepted your abstract will appear in the official abstract publication of the congress on the web exactly as submitted and any typing error will be visible.
- Once you submit your abstract, you will not be able to amend it. You can save your abstract and amend it on-line until 12 February 2018.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to decide on the form of presentation, oral or poster, in the interest of the programme.
Results specified in the abstract need to contain hard numerical data and statistical evaluation (e.g. p-values for tests). This is particularly critical for clinical and animal studies but also for most other investigations. Abstracts failing to include such hard data will not be considered for oral presentation unless it is absolutely clear from the description that hard numerical data cannot be expected (e.g. when presenting an innovative concept or new technology, a case report etc.). Statements such as “Results will be presented” are not acceptable.”
If an abstract is accepted it is mandatory for the presenting author to attend the congress.
For an abstract to be included in the final scientific program, it is mandatory for the presenting author to register for the congress and to settle payment as soon as the notification of abstract acceptance is received and not later than Friday, 31 March 2018. Expenses associated with the preparation, submission and presentation of an abstract are the responsibility of the presenter(s)/author(s).
Submission of an abstract implies that it has been approved by all listed authors and transfer of copyright to the ECTS becomes effective when the abstract has been accepted for presentation.
WITHDRAWAL OF AN ABSTRACT
If you want to withdraw an abstract please contact the congress secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.